Over the years, we have experimented with a lot of different types of recipes in order to find the best cake for our taste buds. We use this recipe for birthday parties, play dates, or any kind of event or day that we need extra sweetness. This led to this beauty of a creation:
Peanut, dairy, egg and sesame free
But every bite more delicious
for at home or any kind of party.
2.5 cups of flour
1.5 cups of sugar
2 TBSP baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 c + 1/8 c oil (we typically use coconut)
1 c milk (coconut or our preferred protein nut milk if tree allergies are not an issue)
2 TBSP vanilla extract
1 C organic, unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and oil in a bowl.
- Mix in milk, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased cake pan or greased cupcake liners/ (use oil for greasing or a butter alternative like Earth’s Balance.
- Bake cupcakes for 20 minutes or cake for 35 minutes.
- Test will a toothpick.
- Decorate as you wish!
We promise to not lick the spoon … but we can’t promise to not eat any before the party...
Two years later, we are still using the recipe. Just mixing it up a bit…
Can you tell we love Legos?!?!
Stay tuned for our favorite crumb cake … a classic everyone should have… no allergies attached!
And here’s a sneak peek…