Thank you New Crunchy Mom at http://newcrunchymom.com/ for nominating me for The Blogger Interview tag. Your kindness and encouragement are very much appreciated and inspire us to continue to write and smile on…
The Purpose:The Blogger Interview is to get to know the artist behind the art.
• Mention the person who tagged you.
• Answer the questions in full.
• Tag up to ten bloggers.
The Interview Questions:
• How did you get into blogging?
Back in March 2015, I started this blog as an outlet for all of the emotions I was feeling and information that I was learning about the world of food allergies and eczema. While those first few months after my son’s anaphylactic reaction were filled with intense anxiety, fear, and frustration, I knew that I needed to turn it into something positive. Therefore, instead of laying in bed crying as my son napped, I started to spend this time putting it all into words with a blog (at the time on another site) .It was the beginning of retraining my brain to steer my focus from the challenges and terrifying “what ifs” to all the possibilities for smiles. A weight had started to be lifted…
Also, instead of sending long-winded text message updates to everyone who simply asked how my son TJ was doing with everything, I saw this site as a way of keeping family and friends updated on our journey. By sharing our story and the valuable information that we learn along the way, I hope to help educate others about this world of food allergies and eczema. Most importantly, I want to encourage all who reads this blog to “let your faith be bigger than your fear.”
While I have just started this blog about four months ago, I believe that the following statement will become reality with time…Smiling Away Allergies is the place to share experiences and information about food allergies and life while staying cautiously optimistic, smiling on…
- What advice would you give to a blogger just starting out?
Since I consider myself a new blogger, the following advice is what I have been following myself.
- Set Goals: Like anything in life, I believe in setting short-term and long-term goals for yourself. While I find my daily to-do lists important, weekly and monthly goals are also important for success.
- WordPress Classes: Sign up for Blogging 101 and 201 classes. Both classes were extremely helpful resources that challenged me and sparked my creativity. My site has come a long way since July due to these classes.
- Networking: Don’t be shy! To be honest, although I believe in the value and impact of my blog, I felt silly sharing it through social media. It was scary at first; however, totally worth it. Reach out and explore the many, many other amazing blogs all around you. There are really some great ones out there to connect with!
- Be Proud: This goes back to #3. Share, share, share! You have something incredible that the world is waiting to read!
- Get Ideas/Don’t Compare: Love this quote and it really has been what I keep reminding myself over these past four months with starting this blog.
- What would be your dream campaign?
Wow! I never thought about this. It would be any campaign that would allow me to connect and help an even larger population of people.
- Do you have a plan for your blog?
Being an organized person, I always have a tentative plan. However, this past year and a half has really taught me that I do not have the ultimate control over these plans no matter how precise they are drafted. Still, I use my “Weekly Smiles/Events” to guide me while also using my moments of inspiration to direct the rest. I am constantly jotting down ideas on a note in my phone as these inspirations randomly come to me throughout the day.
- What do you think about rankings?
I don’t use rankings. My focus is not on how people rank me. In fact, it was quite freeing once I stopped worrying about areas like my “rankings” in life. Instead, shifting my focus to what matters most in life has definitely helped us smile on to endless possibilities…
My Blog Nominations