So like I posted earlier, after a few weeks of feeling as though I was losing my mind, no joke, I finally figured out some meals and products that worked for us. These are all products and foods that work with my son’s allergies. These may vary based on the child and allergies. Based on our blood work, my son is not allergic to rice, corn, buckwheat, sunflower oil, potatoes, sweet potatoes, peaches, pears, apples, avocado, bananas, string beans, carrots, squash, chicken, turkey, and beef. Although sometimes, bananas and avocados irritate his eczema a bit. During those times, I limit his intake.
As far as amount and calories, I found that my body was metabolizing all of these foods much quicker. Since I was starting to lose weight, I needed to increase my overall daily intake by doing the following:
1) Eating a whole avocado every day
2) Adding a protein shake most days
3) Snacking more often
4) Adding more protein to diet (chick peas and more chicken/turkey) – Be careful with chick peas though as some babies may have a reaction to them. My son did not.
5) I also added more sugar to my diet. It seemed to help with my random dizziness at the start of this diet. Since my blood work came back normal, I think anxiety and lack of sugar caused it.
6) I started to also watch “empty” calories, those calories that really did not add nutritional value.
7) I continue to take my prenatal vitamins that I took all throughout pregnancy and breastfeeding as well.
– Rainbow Light Prenatal One Just Once Food Based Multivitamin – http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007CYYC92/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1425564912&sr=1&keywords=prenatal
-Nordic Naturals – Prenatal DHA – http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_89_4?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aprenatal+dha&keywords=prenatal+dha&ie=UTF8&qid=1425565060
LUNCH FOODS ( I either eat a salad or eat a sandwich for lunch.)
1) Salad: grilled chicken, blueberries or pineapples, spinach, tomatoes, chick peas, avocado, sometimes shredded “cheese”, croutons, a little bit of dressing or lime juice with salt and pepper
2) SunButter and Banana Sandwich – I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Since I can’t have peanut butter, I have started to eat sun butter. It is amazing!
MID AFTERNOON SNACKS
I usually eat the following four dinners.
1) Turkey burgers mixed and cooked with crushed croutons (loaded with avocado, tomatoes, daiya shredded cheese, and on the brown rice bread listed above)
2) Chicken Stir Fry or Wraps(grilled chicken, onions, peppers, pineapples, fennel, garlic with brown rice and cooked in a marinade that contains ketchup, pineapple juice and a gluten and soy free marinade)
3) Homemade pizza (loaded with grilled chicken, roasted red peppers, onions and pizza sauce)
4) Steak wit asparagus and roasted potatoes
1) Cereal or granola
2) Ice cream was my go-to snack before I learned of my son’s coconut allergy. So Delicious Dairy-free Coconut Milk Cookie Dough ice cream was my favorite! http://sodeliciousdairyfree.com/products/coconut-milk-frozen-desserts/cookie-dough