Who doesn’t love a good baked bread especially when it involves bananas. Here is one of our simple favorites.
1.5 cups of flour
1.5 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
2 mashed bananas
1/3 cup of applesauce
1/2 cups of sugar
1/4 cup cooking oil (We use melted coconut oil, but have used others.)
1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips (optional but a favorite)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan. We use Earth’s Balance.
- Mix in all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and make a well in the middle of it.
- Mix the second set of ingredients in a separate bowl or even directly into the well of the first bowl.
- Then mix together everything thoroughly.
- Add in dairy free chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into the greased pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Test with a toothpick.
- We prefer Pyrex but have learned (the hard way) to be careful when taking out glass from the oven. Do not place directly from the oven onto the cool surface like the counter. It can explode!
Now, let me try to get to that counter…