Anand from https://blabberwockying.wordpress.com/ has nominated me for The Infinity Dreams award. Thank you so much for thinking of me with this recognition. It is greatly appreciated and truly sparks even more inspiration. Anand is an inspirational blogger who writes motivating and insightful posts that anyone and anything can relate to. As he continues to share his journey of living this beautiful life, he inspires all who read his words. If you haven’t checked out his site, I recommend you to visit him at the link above. Thank you again!
The Award Rules:
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
- Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
11 Facts About Myself
- I am obsessed with running. While I use to play games like Candy Crush on my phone as I ran, now I blog on my morning treadmill runs of 4 to 5 miles a day. There was also a time when I was training for a half marathon that I would play memorizing games as I ran. Some examples included memorizing the first 100 digits of Pi and Flo Rida lyrics
- My dream …I mean plan… is to be a published author one day.
- I am empathetic to a fault…if that’s possible. And I’ve been that way since my earliest memories.
- My dream job would be to be a singer/song writer and be able to inspire endless amounts of people throughout the world. However, being a Special Education teacher is pretty amazing too. Plus, it helps that I have found that being TJ’s mom and my hubby’s wife are the most rewarding roles ever!
- I am actually a decent drawer…but I can’t draw mouths. (Ask my husband….it’s pretty awful.)
- As a child, I had an imaginary friend, Ernie from Sesame Street. Unfortunately, he drowned. (Don’t get me started on that though. Let’s just say that I have always had quite the imagination while also being overly sensitive.)
- If health wasn’t an issue, I would eat pizza and drink red wine every single day. They are two of my favorites. (Don’t worry, I don’t really do this.)
- I have had to teach myself to relax. Relaxation does not come naturally to me. However, the beach is the only place in the world where I can sit still and do absolutely nothing and be content with it.
- I’ve had two experiences that tiptoed right around death. One included a struggle with anorexia as a pre-teen/teenager.
- My faith and God are the only reasons why I am still alive.
- I truly believe that impossible is not a word. Anything in life is possible if you work your butt off and believe.
These wonderful people are not only supportive and friendly, they are also writers who work hard to inspire others. Congratulations friends!
The Questions I Was Asked With My Responses:
Who is your mentor or who inspires you the most?
Throughout different phases of my life, I have had different mentors. Right now since the start of my 30s, the person who inspires me the most will remain nameless. However, I continue to look to her for guidance on how to raise a family centered on love. She is one of those people who radiates sunshine and does not know how inspiring she really is.
Who is your best friend?
My husband is my best friend and rock. =)
What is the role of gratitude in life, if any?
I try to always thank God for my blessings no matter the size. In addition, I try to thank others every chance I can. With that being said, thank you to all of my followers and those who comment and encourage me to continue with blogging. You are amazing!
If you could meet one person from any period in history (it may even be fictional), who would it be?
This answer is going to be sooo random, but I am just that sometimes, sooo random.
Laura Bush or Katniss from The Hunger Games- Like Katniss, I hope to continue to become more and more fearless to stand up for what is right. After reading a book loosely based on Bush’s life, I was beyond intrigued and would have wanted to meet her.
What is the sweetest thing someone ever did for you?
My husband surprising me with our engagement in 2008 on a beach in Cabo wins this.
Which were the best years of your life – childhood, youth or whichever age you’re now?
Right now….I am so much more at peace with myself than back then.
Do you suffer from any kind of phobia?
Honestly, right now, I am working through the fear of another anaphylactic reaction in my son, someone I love, or even myself. I am challenging myself several times a week to overcome this. Reminding myself to have faith over fear…
What do you need to be happy?
God, my husband, my son, my family, my friends, my faith
What is love?
Love is the greatest emotion to feel but the hardest one to put to words as words diminish its true beauty and essence. My husband and son have brought love to a whole other level that I daydreamed of as a little girl, yet never knew truly existed.
What is peace?
Peace is not worrying all the time with what others think of you or waiting for everyone’s approval. Peace is when you look to only God for that approval that has already been promised and given no matter what. Letting go of fear, and putting all of your energy into your faith, is peace. That is peace and I am so much closer than I’ve ever been to it, yet still working on it. It’s a lifelong journey.
Who are you?
Mom, Wife, Teacher, Sister, Daughter, Friend, Writer, Runner, Football Lover, Dreamer, Christian, Believer
Here are my questions for those I nominated:
- What is your view/knowledge on food allergies?
- What is the one food that you could not live without?
- If you could have dinner with anyone, who would you pick and why?
- What is earliest memory that you have that made you smile?
- You have to get up and sing a karaoke song in one hour. What song are you singing?
- If you could go back and give your 12-year-old-self one piece of advice, what would that be?
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever been given?
- Who is the biggest inspiration in your life?
- What is your greatest achievement, or the one you are most proud of?
- What makes you smile on most?
- Why do you write?
Thank you again Anand for this nomination as you’ve helped us smile on ….