- Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Write a post and give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
- Let the nominees know you have nominated them and provide a link to the nomination details.
How everything started:
Back in March, I started this blog as an outlet for all of the emotions I was feeling and information that I was learning about the world of food allergies and eczema. While those first few months after my son’s anaphylactic reaction were filled with intense anxiety, fear, and frustration, I knew that I needed to turn it into something positive. Therefore, instead of laying in bed crying as my son napped, I started to spend this time putting it all into words with a blog (at the time on another site).It was the beginning of retraining my brain to steer my focus from the challenges and terrifying “what ifs” to all the possibilities for smiles. A weight had started to be lifted…
Also, instead of sending long-winded text message updates to everyone who simply asked how my son TJ was doing with everything, I saw this site as a way of keeping family and friends updated on our journey. By sharing our story and the valuable information that we learn along the way, I hope to help educate others about this world of food allergies and eczema. Most importantly, I want to encourage all who reads this blog to “let your faith be bigger than your fear.”
While I have just started this WordPress blog a little over two months ago, I believe that the following statement will become reality with time…Smiling Away Allergies is the place to share experiences and information about food allergies and life while staying cautiously optimistic, smiling on…
Advice for new bloggers:
Since I myself am a new blogger, the following advice is what I have been following myself.
- Set Goals: Like anything in life, I believe in setting short-term and long-term goals for yourself. While I find my daily to-do lists important, weekly and monthly goals are also important for success.
- WordPress Classes: Sign up for Blogging 101 and 201 classes. Both classes were extremely helpful resources that challenged me and sparked my creativity. My site has come a long way since July due to these classes.
- Networking: Don’t be shy! To be honest, although I believe in the value and impact of my blog, I felt silly sharing it through social media. It was scary at first; however, totally worth it even if I don’t have many followers yet! Also, reach out and explore the many, many other amazing blogs all around you. There are really some great ones out there!
- Be Proud: This goes back to #3. Share, share, share! You have something incredible that the world is waiting to read!
- Get Ideas/Don’t Compare: Love this quote and it really has been what I keep reminding myself over these past two months with starting this blog.
6. Speak (Write) from the Heart: Isn’t that what life is really all about?
Who I nominate:
Thank you again Deniza! You gave us more reason to smile on…